Tuesday 25 November 2014

Ham sandwich with Rocket and runny Eggs



Finally I'm back! It's been a while since my last post, mainly because of the darkness here in Finland (not enough light to take pictures :( ) and partly cause of the HUGE amount of studying. So today I had my day off and I thought that I could be a bit creative! And TADAAAAA! Here's an awesome, amazing and delicious sandwich (I'm not exaggerating!) that you can easily make in 5 minutes and eat at work or uni.






Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches)

4 slices of bread
4 slices of ham
2 slices of cheese (here I used cheddar)
2 eggs
1 tomato
2 ts of pesto (basil)
a handful of rocket
salt & pepper

Prepare eggs: To minimize the preparation time, I usually put the eggs to boil first, and at the same time, instead of waiting, I'm preparing the rest of the sandwich. 
In this recipe, I wanted the eggs to be a bit runny so I placed them in a pot, along with water just enough to cover both of them, then put the heat on till I bring the water to a boil. Once you see the water boiling, turn the heat off and let 3,5-4 minutes to pass. After that, place your eggs under cold running water for a few seconds. Peal them, slice them and place them on top of your other ingredients. Don't forget to season.
If you want your eggs a bit firmer let them sit in the boiling water for 6 minutes instead of 3,5-4.

Prepare sandwich: Put the 4 slices of bread in the toaster till they're nice and crispy. Once ready, spread 2 ts of the pesto on 2 slices of bread (1 ts on each). Add 1 slice of cheese, then 2 slices of ham, 3 slices of tomato and half the amount of rocket on each slice of bread, add the sliced boiled egg (preferably slice it on the sandwich in case it's runny, so you won't make a mess/loose the yolk), and season well. Cover each sandwich with the remaining toasted bread. Enjoy! 




My work here is done! See you soon! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment