Friday 19 December 2014

Rocket salad with Feta


And finally the time has come to.. scream as loud as possible! VACATION!!! At last the semester is over and now I'm going to have enough time to enjoy the company of my loved ones, relax and cook! So I started with this salad! Although I am a huge meat lover, I can never say no to a refreshing salad. This particular one is so easy to make, super nutritious and light. Most of the times instead of fresh tomatoes, I like to use sun dried ones, so that the salad will get a more intense flavour. When I use the sun dried tomatoes I replace the lemon juice with balsamic vinegar. So here's the recipe and I hope you'll like it. :)


Ingredients (serves 4)

100 g of fresh rocket
250 g of feta cheese
3-4 tomatoes sliced in cubes / 10 sun dried tomatoes sliced
2 tbs of sesame seeds
2 tbs of olive oil
juice of one lemon / balsamic vinegar
salt
lemon zest (optional)


Prepare salad: In a small frying pan (medium heat) add the sesame seeds and toast till they turn golden and become fragrant. In a plate add the rocket, sliced tomatoes, crumbled feta, lemon juice, salt and lemon zest. Top with olive oil and the toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice and quick and delicious, added all of the ingredients to my shopping list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you liked it! It's really refreshing! :D

      Delete